Things About Saturday
1. Baxter (our new addition to the pet family) has become Makai’s new best friend. They are RIDICULOUS in their constant wrestling. Every time I go to pet one of them, their heads are soggy with the other’s head-chomping. It’s bro love, officially.
2. While out for fro-yo with Nicole, saw adult identical twin mothers, each with a pair of identical twin girls in tow. All pairs dressed very similarly to their counterpart. IT WAS THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER. LITERALLY. I can’t even articulate the cute.
3. It’s Saturday. That’s pretty swell.
4. A friend is reading my favorite book, East of Eden, and loving it. That’s always a great feeling, knowing that you’re not alone in thinking that John Steinbeck is a literary genius.
5. I’ve stayed on plan with WeightWatchers all week. This has been a struggle for me recently, with travels and WW not always feeling shiny and new and exciting. I’m in a tough phase with weight maintenance, which is now a need to actually lose about 5 pounds.
6. I had a phone interview to become a WeightWatchers meeting leader this week. We’ll see what happens with that. Since I’m a sub receptionist right now, I haven’t been working any meetings with summer being a slow period.
7. Hiking last night was super fun and resulted in finding some new and exciting areas to hike in the Gorge in Akron. I also got up close and personal with some hungry raccoons and ate Luigi’s pizza at a picnic table with awesome friends and hubby. I also heard not-Bruce-Springsteen at Lock 3 for a hot minute with Kristen and Mike! I have productively-enjoyable-Friday afterglow.
8. I have an abundance of reading, hiking, and tv-watching to do. Life is grand.